The Problem with Multi-tasking
Many people who believe themselves to be talented multi-taskers take pride in this fact, boasting that they can competently manage a handful of things at once. However, while multi-tasking can sometimes not be avoided – busy people often have no choice but to do more than one things at once – you should be aware of its disadvantages.
The Downsides of Multi-tasking
Some of the downsides of multi-tasking include:
- Wasted productivity – When you multi-task, you’re really just wasting productivity. You can be more efficient by devoting your full attention to one thing at a time.
- Higher risk for errors – Multi-tasking increases your risk of making preventable errors in whatever you’re doing. This is especially true when handling more than two tasks simultaneously, according to a French study.
- It’s bad for your brain – Some studies suggest that multi-tasking may actually be harmful for the brain, resulting in a greater risk of short term memory loss.
Clearly, the downsides of multi-tasking are many, and the list above is not inclusive. While we understand that not multitasking can be hard to do, especially if you’re an especially busy person, try to focus on one thing at a time as much as possible.
CONNECT WITH ME:
For more of these articles, rule breakers, energetic solutions or concepts, for more ease and grace in your life or business, connect with me at http://sheevaunmoran.com. Grab my 5 Essential Energies for Success by texting the word “energy” to 949.214.4294 with your name. Remember that energy is within you…let it shine today!
- Yep paradise was epic. I swam, scuba dove a wreck, shared a new meditation, chatted with Richard Branson about the soul, sang … badly, hung out with giant tortoises every morning, got chased by a fierce lizard, played tennis several times, took kite surfing lessons, shook loose cobwebs, finished a book, shared loads of amazing connections, swam some more, got lost in the highest areas of the island in torrential rain, hung out at Rincon surfside, shared my sexy abs that rock routine, danced and rested on the last few days. Beyond grateful for all that is and all that was! Love to all😘😎 What have you been up to?
- From the mud brilliance can rise. The mud is where many remain stuck. The mud is where many wallow until they have to crawl just far enough out until they repeat. BUT the mud is where the real entrepreneurs go and create from. They make the mud their playground and the treasures rise up like the lotus. RISE up with me.