No goals, no growth.
No clarity, no change.
A defining moment for successful people is when they ask themselves a simple question…
“What value am I providing?”
Answering this question leads to further clarifying questions:
- What are my areas of strength (and what should I avoid)?
- How to share helpful information to help others develop?
- And finally, how do I continue to grow and progress?
This first step in the process of developing a venture is somewhat universal. People who experience long-term success begin by seeking clarity.
In fact, this is the first habit listed in Brendon Burchard’s book, High-Performance Habits (How Extraordinary People Become That Way).
In the book, the author lists these four areas that form the basis for this first step in building long lasting (high) performance:
1. Self: Get very clear on who you are and what you want in this stage of life.
2. Social: Have clear intentions about how you want to treat other people. Develop high situational awareness and social intelligence
3. Skills: Be clear on the skills you need to develop and obsessively develop those skills.
4. Service: Consider your contribution to the world – are you engaged in meaningful and fulfilling service to others?
Underperformers tend to focus more on self than on service.
Their focus is on, “What do I want now,” rather than, “What do those I serve want now?”
What are three simple ways you can add value to the people around you this week?
Is there someone in your life who needs your help? Are you willing to help them with real focus and excellence?
The aim of ‘knowing yourself,‘ is to connect with the future and understand your contribution to it.
Start by seeking clarity on what you would like to achieve. Remember that it takes roughly 66 days to form a new habit.
More Epic Tools:
For more of these articles, rule breakers, energetic solutions or concepts, for more ease and grace in your life or business, connect with me at http://sheevaunmoran.com. Grab your FREE copy of the Epic Life Toolkit HERE. Remember that energy is within you…let it shine today!
Subscribe to my Youtube channel! http://youtube.com/EnergeticSolutions
Remember that energy is where the real you shiney and success is more easily attainable…let it shine today!