How to Ask Your Boss for a Raise (And Know When You Deserve One)
Sometimes, making more money is as simple of a manner as just asking for it. But asking your boss for a raise can be difficult to do, especially if you aren’t sure whether or not you have truly earned it.
Do You Deserve a Raise?
The first step is taking a look at your own work and determining whether or not you believe that you deserve a raise. It may be time to ask for a raise if:
- It has been a significant amount of time since your last raise;
- Your duties have increased;
- You have been putting in more hours or/and working harder; or
- Your employer is worried about losing you.
How to Ask for a Raise
The second step is being able to actually ask for the raise. When asking for a raise:
- Time it right – waiting until the right time to ask for a raise is essential, and some company policies may even state that raises are only given out at a certain time of year;
- Be specific in your ask – know exactly what you want and be straightforward in requesting it;
- Prove you deserve – be prepared to highlight why you believe you deserve a raise.
CONNECT WITH ME:
For more of these articles, rule breakers, energetic solutions or concepts, for more ease and grace in your life or business, connect with me at http://sheevaunmoran.com. Grab my 5 Essential Energies for Success by texting the word “energy” to 949.214.4294 with your name. OR just reach out to me http://facebook.com/sheevaunmoran. Remember that energy is within you…let it shine today!