How to Ask Your Boss for a Raise (And Know When You Deserve One)
Sometimes, making more money is as simple of a manner as just asking for it. But asking your boss for a raise can be difficult to do, especially if you aren’t sure whether or not you have truly earned it.
Do You Deserve a Raise?
The first step is taking a look at your own work and determining whether or not you believe that you deserve a raise. It may be time to ask for a raise if:
- It has been a significant amount of time since your last raise;
- Your duties have increased;
- You have been putting in more hours or/and working harder; or
- Your employer is worried about losing you.
How to Ask for a Raise
The second step is being able to actually ask for the raise. When asking for a raise:
- Time it right – waiting until the right time to ask for a raise is essential, and some company policies may even state that raises are only given out at a certain time of year;
- Be specific in your ask – know exactly what you want and be straightforward in requesting it;
- Prove you deserve – be prepared to highlight why you believe you deserve a raise.
CONNECT WITH ME:
Full site http://bit.ly/cpENJY
Blog site http://bit.ly/2fn67jh
- Yep paradise was epic. I swam, scuba dove a wreck, shared a new meditation, chatted with Richard Branson about the soul, sang … badly, hung out with giant tortoises every morning, got chased by a fierce lizard, played tennis several times, took kite surfing lessons, shook loose cobwebs, finished a book, shared loads of amazing connections, swam some more, got lost in the highest areas of the island in torrential rain, hung out at Rincon surfside, shared my sexy abs that rock routine, danced and rested on the last few days. Beyond grateful for all that is and all that was! Love to all😘😎 What have you been up to?
- From the mud brilliance can rise. The mud is where many remain stuck. The mud is where many wallow until they have to crawl just far enough out until they repeat. BUT the mud is where the real entrepreneurs go and create from. They make the mud their playground and the treasures rise up like the lotus. RISE up with me.